Attempting the impossible :)

Just the other day, I challenged myself to a corporate 5.6km run organized by JP Morgan =) Those who know me should know that I was never a good runner, and the longest I have ever attempted was probably the 3.2km in MacRitchie which was kind of forced upon me rather than a voluntary thing.
So a 5.6km run sounds rather impossible to me, was almost hard to convince myself that I could even finish that distance, even with walking haha. But the incentives sounded too good to miss -- full sponsorship by my company, free transport to Padang (where the run is held) from company and can get off work (with a perfectly valid excuse) at 3pm... woohoo~ So yeah I went ahead =p
Before the event I had wanted to train myself up by running more weekly as I run about only 2.4km every week.. but then my attempts didn't work out as I almost always gave up at near to 3km oops..
So when I went for the event, I was quite doubtful about myself and my capability to even finish the run haha...
The funny thing was, the friends/colleagues who ran with me, all said they couldn't do long distances or haven't been training up, all wheezed to I don't know where within 5 mins of the event haha...
But yeah I managed to finish the run in the end =D In fact I think it was the fastest I ever run. I think running for an event feels really different. There's a lot more motivation to run and the strong feeling of giving it the best shot too hee... After this mini success, think I probably be going for more of such events in future =p
.: ting @ 12:22 PM ~
:.
_________